Last week we spent another morning at the zoo. This time Aunt Cindy went with us and took lots of pictures of the animals and Aubrey and me. It was a nice cool day - a lot of kids had gone back to school - so it was not crowded at all and we got to enjoy the animals.

Aubrey made a friend with the goat - when she was waving bye to him - he "bleeted" at her - she thought that was so neat - her eyes got so big!

The lions were taking a "cat nap" - but it was still cool to see them - they are so big!

Aubrey, Cindy and I all got to see a giraffe drinking - I have to say that is something that I have never seen - it was pretty cool to watch it bend down so far to get a drink of water! The Erie zoo also has kangaroos - they can hop across the trail right in front of you - they are very interesting looking creatures.

Erie now only has one polar bear - his brother passed away a couple of weeks ago. He broke his leg and they operated on him - but on the way back from Pittsburgh he died of cardiac arrest. So, this bear has been a little lonely - but this day he enjoyed swimming and playing for the kids.

Aubrey liked watching the meerkats running around their den - I think they reminded of her Tater Tot running around our house!


Aubrey made a friend with the goat - when she was waving bye to him - he "bleeted" at her - she thought that was so neat - her eyes got so big!
The lions were taking a "cat nap" - but it was still cool to see them - they are so big!


Aubrey, Cindy and I all got to see a giraffe drinking - I have to say that is something that I have never seen - it was pretty cool to watch it bend down so far to get a drink of water! The Erie zoo also has kangaroos - they can hop across the trail right in front of you - they are very interesting looking creatures.


Erie now only has one polar bear - his brother passed away a couple of weeks ago. He broke his leg and they operated on him - but on the way back from Pittsburgh he died of cardiac arrest. So, this bear has been a little lonely - but this day he enjoyed swimming and playing for the kids.


Aubrey liked watching the meerkats running around their den - I think they reminded of her Tater Tot running around our house!

She also liked the leopard - although she tought he was getting a little to close! And the horse is always a fun one to pet and talk to .
2 comments:
how cute!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!!
Post a Comment