Saturday, March 28, 2009

March for Babies & Usborne Books


For the 3rd year, I will be participating in the March for Babies on April 26th. The first year I walked in honor of our niece, Rachel, who was born 6 weeks pre-mature and is now 7 years old. The second year I walked in honor of Rachel and our nephew, Sam, who was born 4 weeks pre-mature and is now 20 months old. This year I will not only be walking for these 2 amazing children, but I will also be walking in memory of 3 others who did not have the chance to be born and grow up. I am walking this year for our “baby Pretzel” as Aubrey so lovingly called him who we lost on September 11th. Also, for our friends, Scott and Lisa’s baby girl, Charlie who they lost on August 26th, and for our friends John & Tracy’s baby boy, Barrett, who they lost on March 2nd.

Why March for Babies? Because the March of Dimes champions the needs of moms and babies in our community and across the nation. The money we raise for March for Babies will help:

- support all-important research offering preventions and solutions for babies born too soon or with birth defects
- educate women on things they can do to increase their chances of having a healthy baby
- provide comfort and information to families with a newborn in intensive care
- push for newborn screening and health insurance for all pregnant women and children

Won't you please help me in this worthy cause? There are 2 ways that you can contribute to my walk.

First is by simply making a donation by either cash or check to me or through my March of Dimes website at www.marchforbabiescom/bethgarrison.

The second way is by purchasing Usborne Books from me for your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc. Or you may choose to purchase the books and donate them to a children's hospital or children's charity in your area. All proceeds from the purchase of books will be donated to The March of Dimes. You may view the books at at www.ubah.com/HOS141567.

The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.

Please pass this on to as many people as you'd like!

No comments: