Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rylan's here

Rylan Chace Garrison decided he wanted to meet the world a little early - 17 days to be exact. He was born at 12:08 am Tuesday July 10th. He weighed 6 lbs 6.5 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. I had been having contractions since Thursday morning (the 5th), but nothing consistent. I had a Dr's appt on Friday morning and I was about 2-3 cm dilated, but not effaced. Then on Monday afternoon around 4:30, the contractions became quite intense and were between 4-5 minutes apart. So, I called Curtis at 5 - he is doing his pediatrics rotation in Ashtabula, OH which is about 45 minutes from our house. He told his Dr and he said well, I guess I'll see ya next week! So, Curtis came home and picked me up and we went to the hospital, by this time it was about 6 and the contractions were still there. I got all hooked up to the monitors and the Dr came to check me and I was between 3-4 cm dilated and the contractions were very strong. So, they got my epidural started and she broke my water about 8:30. Shortly after that the contractions slowed down, so they started me on some petocin, which caused them to pick back up and become very strong and I was pushing shortly after midnight. According to Curtis I only pushed 4 times and then Rylan was here - I honestly don't remember how many times, it certainly seemed like much longer, but I definitely wanted him OUT! :) His Apgar scores were 8 & 9 and everything checked out just perfect. We are now at home and enjoying being a family. Aubrey is doing great being a big sister and wants to help with everything. She's very protective of him also and wants to hold him lots. We hope you enjoy some of the pictures we've taken. I will try to post more often.







1 comment:

Breedings said...

AWWWW! He's so precious! I love the pictures. You look good! You look like such a happy family! He really is beautiful, just like the rest of your family! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet him!